Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What outdoor tap extension options could connect to a retractable hose reel?

Narla
Building a Reputation

What outdoor tap extension options could connect to a retractable hose reel?

We have recently purchased two Holman retractable hose reels however the front garden tap is located in a very obvious location so the reel would be on wall near the front door. I’m wondering if there is anyway to attach it about 5 metres away around the side of house without having to install or move the tap? The only thing I can think of doing is connecting hose to tap and then running the hose along garden bed. I’m not confident this is the best idea and also the tap to reel part is only 2m so not long enough. Any advice would be greatly appreciated:) Thanks all

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor tap extension options

Hi @Narla,

The best option would be to extend the tap-to-reel hose to the unit in its new location. Alternative ideas would be to have a plumber move the tap to the new spot, or you could consider using screening to disguise the reel at the front door.

Using this Pope 7.5m Garden Hose Extender would be the most convenient option. You could even bury it underground to obscure it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Narla
Building a Reputation

Re: Outdoor tap extension options

Thanks very much for these great suggestions @MitchellMc:smile: I will definitely look into the extender!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects