Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get rid of ants and seal the edge of wall?

ejo
Finding My Feet

How to get rid of ants and seal the edge of wall?

image.jpg

IMG_6228.jpeg

Noticing ants getting in and out of a few gaps between the wall and the floor in my living room. I don’t have skirting boards btw. I’ve removed all food sources, cleaned floor and washed bins but it just gets worse. Ants even getting on my couches.

I bought ant-rid liquid to poison them. When they die off, should I seal the gaps between the wall and the floor? Caulking?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to get rid of ants and seal the edge of wall

Hello @ejo 

Thanks for sharing your question about sealing the edge of your wall. You are technically halfway there as you've already applied the ant-rid. Sealing the gap is the next step in reducing the ant's entry points in your house. 

I propose using Selleys 475g No More Gaps Interior Multipurpose Gap Filler.  It is an easy-to-use gap filler ideal for filling gaps and cracks around skirting boards, cornices, and inside window & door frames. The water-based formulation has been designed to cope with building movement to ensure a long lasting and crack resistant finish.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How To Silicone Seal A Bath (the techniques used are applicable to your project)

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your project. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects